Saturday 16 May 2009

Scouting

I made a quick trip to the swamp this afternoon. My goal was not to get pictures, but just to do a little walk-about in the area. I also did have a clear mission to accomplish: I had decided to scout a good route to the hide in preparation for the "swamp meet" next week. Walking on my own, it does not matter that much if I have to back up from time to time since the ground is too soft or wet to walk, but with a larger group of people in tow, it is not a very good option. At the same time I had a chance to check how my lightweight hide had survived the few days of inactivity. It was good that I decided to head out to do some scouting, the route that I had previously used had become rather soft and risky, so I scouted a different route from a slightly different direction. The hide had also taken some damage from the windy weather of the last couple of days. The tie-downs for the camo netting had broken and the entire netting was in one heap in front of the hides' entrance:
I put the netting back into place and fixed the tie-downs all around. While at it, I put up the netting to cover a slightly larger area next to the hide. I used the trees near by to get good anchorage and elevation for the netting. Now there is plenty of room to hold the meet, there is room for everyone underneath the netting and plenty of observation- and photography slots.
What do you think, good enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment