Tuesday 14 July 2009

Into the wild, at last

Today, in the late afternoon, I managed to get out into the wild again. Nea, my five year old daughter tagged along. At first I was a bit dubious of taking her with me, since I was planning on going all the way to the swamp. I doubted if a little girl could walk that far in rather tough terrain. We parked the car at the end of the dirt road as usual, and proceeded on down the path that follows a clearing cut into the forrest and leads to the edge of the swamp. As we reached the swamp, I think both of of us were a little doubtfull if a little girls small boots would be sufficient to get her thru the wetlands, but as we got past the toughest part, we had a great time walking around, observing nature and even taking a few pictures. As we stopped at my hide, I was happy to see that even after a month of inactivity, it was still in place and in good condition. As we headed back home, Nea told me that she enjoyed our trip a lot and wanted to come along again sometime in the future. The day's pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment